Thursday, May 21, 2009

6 months

Well, it has been 6 months and I am not sure why I haven't updated this. It's not like it matters no one reads this, but when I wrote the first entry it made me feel good. I can write how I really feel and do not have to put on a face and pretend I am not scared to death.

I am sitting at work and the sun is shining and the birds are chirping (ok so I can't hear the birds over the semis and coal trains, but surely somewhere they are chirping) point is it is beautiful outside. A few years ago you would have found my mother in her yard with dirt covered hands and knees and a tomato red face. She was happy then. Her yard was like her little corner of the universe and she loved it there. Things are so very different.

2 weeks ago I got a stomach turning phone call "help me Holli I have fallen down the stair" that was all she said. My sister was out of town and I was all there was. Me, just me. I was once again forced to be an adult. Now you see why I don't want to grow up. I don't want to be the one getting called, I dont to have to make these decisions. Anyway, I did it. I got her to the hospital and then called my sister. I wasn't sure what to tell her. Do I just wait til she gets home or tell her what was going on. I knew she would freak but I told her. She was already on the road and was at the hospital in a few hours. I have to admit, I felt a bit relieved when she came in. The doctors in a short version sent us home with a bruised up Mother, and a huge sense of relief. It could have been worse. Ohh wait it did get worse.

No comments: