Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Vote

Well today is election day. In my house growing up I never remember my father voting. I do in fact remember the little sticker my mother wore after voting. She was proud of that. You see, in my mothers mind she is very up on politics. She will mispronounce names and get abit confused on who said what but she was informed. My mothers father was a strong republican and my fathers father was a stronger democrat. There were heated discussions at the breakfast table concerning this. My father would quote my grandfather speaking of the great depression and how the republicans must have forgotten about that. My mother soon conformed as she did to just about anything my father wanted. She is now a proud democrat. I guess that it is in her nature to want to be a people pleaser. I would get mad sometimes and think be yourself. She is the type of person who wants to fit in. She is now sixty three years old and still will conform to who she is with. It still pisses me off sometimes when I think about it. She is perfect the way she is. Don't put on a different coat because of who you may see at dinner. She has taken allot of hard blows in her life. People (person) have made her feel inadequate. I can only hope that one day she feels as special and unique as she truly is. By the way, I heard her say last night there is one republican she was voting for. I will take what I can get it's a start.

No comments: